The Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Directory includes contact information and maps for all Regional Chamber Members in Greater Des Moines (DSM) — more than 6,500 local businesses! To search by business category, select the links below the search bar. To search by business name, select “0–9” for business names that begin with a number or “A–Z” for businesses listed in alphabetical order.
Additionally, The Partnership relies on Investors to support its mission as the economic and community development organization serving Greater Des Moines (DSM).
For more information about The Partnership, its Investors, Affiliate Chambers of Commerce and Chamber Members, visit the following pages:
Mind & Spirit Counseling Center
- Human Services/Counseling
- Health Care/Psychology
The Mind & Spirit Counseling Center, formerly known as Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is a nonprofit organization providing mental health services to more than 2,220 individuals in 2021 including children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. As a nonsectarian organization, the Center is not affiliated with a particular religious group and respects the values of all. Although best known for its 50 years of quality counseling, the Center is a multi-faceted organization providing a range of services through 30 multidisciplinary clinicians including:
• Counseling, including a specialized approach for children and adolescents
• Psychiatry (medication management)
• Psychological testing and assessment
• Spiritual direction
• Clinical training for graduate students
• Renewal programs, such as Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction™ (MBSR) classes
• Community education, such as suicide awareness training
• Leadership and Spiritual Life programs, such as PrairieFire and clergy boundary training
• Conflict transformation and strategic planning services for congregations, nonprofits and businesses
The Center serves more than 2,220 individuals annually (including 458 children and teens plus their families in 2021) through counseling and education through 30 licensed clinicians. Populations served include children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, clergy, teachers, police officers, LGBTQ people, veterans, survivors of trauma, families of addicted loved ones, people from all faith traditions (including none) and others who need quality mental health counseling.
Off 86th Street. Turn east at the first stoplight north of Hickman Road/Cobblestone. Go one block, curve to the left. On the right side of the street. Telehealth options available.