Public Policy Issue Forum on Community Placemaking
The Greater Des Moines Partnership, along with Capital Crossroads and the Young Professionals Connection (YPC) will hold a series of public policy forums throughout 2021 to explore issues impacting DSM. Each forum will include a conversation of experts who will provide insights surrounding the policy implications of that priority issue.
The Public Policy Issue Forum on Community Placemaking will feature a panel discussion on the public-private partnership approach to the planning, design and management of public spaces throughout the State of Iowa.
- Sally Dix, Executive Director, Bravo Greater Des Moines
- Rachael Kinnick, President and CEO, Grinnell Chamber of Commerce
- Tom Hadden, City Manager, City of West Des Moines
- Bethany Wilcoxon, Senior Advisor, McClure Engineering Company, Moderator
Future public policy forums include:
- Affordable Housing: Tuesday, Aug. 17 at 12 p.m.
- Justice Reform: Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 12 p.m.
- Inclusive Economic Development: Tuesday, Dec. 14 at 12 p.m.