Name: LGBTQ Inclusion
Date: June 17, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM CDT
Registration: Register Now
When LGBTQ individuals are able to bring their true authentic selves to the workplace, they are more productive, have greater job satisfaction and commitment and stay in those jobs longer. It is important to be intentional and well versed with language, policies and strategies for LGBTQ inclusion.
Join our LGBTQ Inclusion 101 session, presented by Max Mowitz from One Iowa, to learn about important LGBTQ identities, the difference between sex, gender, and sexual orientation, current LGBTQ issues, and best practices for your organization.
Learning outcomes include:
- LGBTQ Foundations: Understand the difference between sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Differentiate between different LGBTQ identities.
- Best Practices: Learn about the best practices for working with LGBTQ people including pronouns, gender-neutral language, and the art of the apology.
In this session we will also get to hear employer best practices from Unity Point Health
All Are Welcome Here – An Organization’s Practice on LGBTQ+ Inclusivity and Advocacy.
The research is clear. LGBTQ+ populations have definitive and distinct health care needs. Listen how UnityPoint Health – Des Moines (UPH-DM) is helping to improve the lives of the LGBTQ+ population that it serves, as well as championing and advocating for their team members and patients.
Join us for an opportunity to hear from:
- Dr. Angela Knoblauch, UPH-DM LGBTQ+ Clinic Physician, and Joyce McDanel, UPH-DM Vice President of Human Resources, describe how they’ve obtained and maintained Leader Status via the Healthcare Equality Index Survey through the Human Rights campaign which includes:
- Staff Training
- Employee Benefits and Policies
- Patient and Community Involvement
- Patient Services and Support
- Responsible Citizenship – Advocacy & Education