Iowa Angel Investor Summit is a one-day summit for active and aspiring angel investors to come together to help accelerate the entrepreneurs that are changing the world.
The summit experience will share topics around:
- 7:30-8:00am: Breakfast
- 8:00-9:30am: Becoming an angel investor workshop with Tej Dhawan
- 9:30-10:00am: Networking + coffee
- 10:00am: Learning about the state of angel investing
- 10:15-11:00am: A case study with Groov Capital
- 11:00-11:15am: Lightning talk: Ag Startup Engine
- 11:15-11:45am: The first believer, a conversation between founder and early investors, featuring Caregiven, Global Insurance Accelerator, and Delta Dental of Iowa
- 11:45-12:00pm: Lightning talk: Speed reading term sheets with Ben Milne
- 12:00-12:15pm: Lightning talk: Understanding rolling fund structures with Jeff Maters
- 12:15-1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm: Bringing back the Best of the Midwest! A special investor pitch event will round out the summit featuring Midwest startups actively fundraising where angel investors and fund managers can jointly invest through a special investment fund created for just this event. Attendees for this portion of the event must be accredited investors. Please download the FAQ for Angel Investors for more details!
- 4-5:30pm: Happy Hour sponsored by Network Ventures
Capacity is limited to the first 100 people to register. Special thanks to Landus Innovation Connector for hosting. The event is organized and produced by the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Plains Angels, and the Ag Startup Engine.
Thanks to the event sponsors: Iowa Economic Development Authority, InnoVenture Iowa, UHY Advisors, Dentons, BrownWinick Law, Network Ventures, and the Iowa Venture Capital Association.