Intersections in Health Monthly Series: Older Iowans Thoughts on Returning to Town – A Presentation by AARP Iowa and Polk County
Name: Intersections in Health Monthly Series: Older Iowans Thoughts on Returning to Town – A Presentation by AARP Iowa and Polk County
Date: February 25, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
Registration: Register Now
Join the Greater Des Moines Partnership and Capital Crossroads for Intersections in Health – a monthly series that encourages attendees to focus on the whole person. Speakers will discuss the mental, physical, and social determinates of health and well-being. Attendees will learn more about what holistic health means and looks like as our communities and region work together to create a culture of health.
This month’s event will feature the results of a recent statewide survey administered by AARP Iowa focusing on older Iowans thoughts and expectations on returning to town in the wake of the pandemic. Speakers include:
- Brad Anderson, AARP Iowa State Director
- Helen Eddy, Polk County Health Department Director
- Rick Kozin, Community Liaison with Polk County Health Department
The survey considered questions such as:
- Do older Iowans believe safety measures should remain in place in the short-term?
- Are older Iowans doing more outdoors?
- Are there any recent innovations older Iowans would like to see continue in the long-run?
Tune in to learn what is on the minds of nearly 2,500 Iowans from all 99 counties as we look to turn the corner on COVID-19 and have a healthy Return to Town.
This series is made possible thanks to the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Capital Crossroads, AARP, MidIowa Health Foundation, and Iowa Healthiest State Initiative.