Insurance Startup Ecosystem Lunch (included if registered for the Best of the Midwest conference)
Name: Insurance Startup Ecosystem Lunch (included if registered for the Best of the Midwest conference)
Date: September 20, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM CDT
Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.
In the last four years a startup ecosystem built around and by the insurance industry has taken firm hold in Des Moines. Centered on the Global Insurance Accelerator, this ecosystem now enjoys global recognition in the InsureTech world. Join us to hear how this happened and about the benefits to startups, corporations and investors are continuing to grow.
• Jeff Russell, CEO Delta Dental of Iowa - Overview of the ecosystem and how it developed
• Susie Thomann, CIO Retirement and Income, Principal Financial Group - A playbook for startup engagement
• Louise Billmeyer, CIO US Insurance Solutions, Principal Financial Group - Lessons learned from 3 startup interactions
• Kurt Eaves, Vice President of Underwriting, Grinnell Mutual Insurance - Investing in startups
• Nick Gerhart, Chief Administrative Officer, Farm Bureau Financial Services - Personal Involvement with startups