Public Perception, Private Pain; My Mental Health Journey with Steve Karlin
Steve Karlin anchors KCCI 8 News at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. A lifelong Iowan, he joined the KCCI team in 1989. Steve has won many awards for his anchoring and reporting from the Associated Press and the Iowa Broadcast News Association. Steve received a National Edward R. Murrow Award for best feature story in 2007, three regional Murrow Awards for feature reporting and three regional Emmys for best newscast anchoring. His popular Karlin Covers Central Iowa feature segment was born in 1997. Since then, the majority of Steve's time as a reporter has been spent telling the stories of interesting central Iowans and the interesting things they do.
Steve began speaking about mental health after a post of his on Facebook went viral in the fall of 2018. With over 700 shares, 700 comments and 5,000 likes, this post not only touched many people but gave Steve the encouragement to seek help. He began going to therapy and believes that reaching out for help changed his whole life.
The IMPACT Breakfast is designed to inspire and inform. Stories that have IMPACTED our community, our world, or our business. Join us as we spend the morning learning from each other and our special guest speakers.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Quarterly Theme Sponsor
- The deadline to register is 5 p.m. on Monday, July 21. Any in-person registration that comes in after this deadline will be put on a waiting list and billed an additional $10 (if space allows). Virtual registration will remain open.
- Prepayment is highly encouraged and appreciated.
- Reservations not kept will be billed.
- Registrations must be canceled by 5 pm on Monday, July 21 to receive credit.
- Non-cancellation will result in being billed for the breakfast as we have to provide our host business a guaranteed number of attendees prior to our arrival.
- All cancellations must be made over the phone to ensure the staff is aware of your cancellation. These conversations will be followed up with a confirmation email.