Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture Hosted in collaboration with Equity in the Center
Event Dates: Feb. 9, 1-3 p.m. and Feb. 23, 1-3 p.m. * Registration includes both sessions. *
Registration is capped at 100 people. After the capacity is filled, interested parties will be put on a waiting list.
After our successful one-hour keynote session on this topic during the Inclusion Summit in 2021, we are excited to bring this full four-hour workshop for you to dig deep into this topic and provide practical tools and resources to help you in your journey of building a race equity culture.
The first module is training on the Race Equity Cycle framework for organizational transformation and includes break out groups for discussion and Q&A.
The second module is a deeper dive on operationalizing equity and includes breakout discussions designed to support the definition of specific priorities and action steps to build a Race Equity Culture.
During these workshops, you will:
· Provide training on EiC's Race Equity Cycle framework and research
· Review management and operational best practices that help organizations transform culture
· Address how structural racism manifests in organizations
· Review the behaviors, beliefs and policies that dismantle institutional racism
· Create an engaging space to discuss where your organization is on the Race Equity Cycle
· Share tools and resources to support staff in dismantling white dominant culture
· Guide teams in prioritizing action steps to build and sustain momentum